Sunday, March 22, 2009

Scenes from the Apocalypse: the Dinner Party

I recently attended a dinner party given in honor of a friend who was moving away for a new job. As is not terribly surprising in these parts, the vast majority of those present were liberal to varying degrees (I'm *reasonably* certain I was not invited merely to be the token conservative ..)

The departing friend is heading for Sodom on the Potomac. Not for a political, administration-connected job, but still. A branch of the government.

NOBODY discussed politics. The topic was simply never mentioned. At all. It was very strange, and completely unlike them. I suppose it is too much to hope that they are as angry as I am with the current administration, but the silence was an indication their delight in Obama has vanished.

Maybe they won't denounce me to the Citizen's Committee after all ...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose it is too much to hope that they are as angry as I am with the current administration, but the silence was an indication their delight in Obama has vanished.

Hey, some genuine Hope and Change!

11:37 AM, March 24, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, are you a terrible writer.

10:48 AM, March 25, 2009  
Blogger B said...

Anon:

You forgot the question mark at the end of the question...

I'm pretty sure that God's answer would, in fact, be:

"No, actually I'm a pretty good one..."

(Because, otherwise, you would be trolling this blog, and I KNOW you weren't doing THAT!)

10:57 AM, March 25, 2009  
Blogger Snarkatron said...

Thanks, Sgt. B! Alas, poor brave Anonymous commenter, we barely knew ye .... and now you are a little grease spot on the foot of a giant lizard. By the way, Anon, when the blog offends thee, click away. I will somehow find a way to survive the loss.

11:04 AM, March 25, 2009  
Blogger Barb said...

Ah, yes - there does seem to be a bit more silence from the lib crowd. We can only hope it stifles the legistlative types in Olympia. But I am not holding my breath.

11:54 AM, March 25, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can only hope it stifles the legislative types in Olympia.

There's that Hope thing again. Obie's certainly accomplished *that* much.

*My* hope is that the silence isn't mistaken for approval.

BTW, there's a grease spot in your comment section. I know you're not a neat-freak, but still...

6:56 AM, March 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home