Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Some People Need Remedial Economics

Oh look. The Post Office is having money troubles (again). It's all very strange. They mention rising costs and dwindling amounts of mail. Only at the very end of the article is a glimmer of reality allowed to intrude. Strangely, when the Post Office raises rates fewer people send mail. I wonder if there is a connection?

They seem very indeterminate about what day of the week they would be eliminating from mail delivery, too. I'm sure that would have *no* effect on people who are expected to get their bills in on time. Or businesses. Or, dare I say it, even the Federal Government? All I hear from the Post Office is "our costs went up, give us more money". Something tells me there is another way, something along the lines of cleaning up their process and reducing costs. *Why* does it cost so much for them to operate? Maybe they should stick to bare bones operations and not offer framed stamps and teddy bears and festive bubblewrap? I can't think of the last time I went to the Post Office and there *wasn't* a line, so explain this to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home