Monday, January 19, 2009

Tomorrow Belongs to Me

I'm going to be paying for it, anyway. Literally, in the sense of taxes. Metaphorically, in terms of damage done to the country's institutions. Bad laws that will be easy to pass and very hard to remove. Astronomical bailout debt that nobody seems to be able to account for. Lo, the hammer of Fate descends towards my thumb. My only hope is the Democrat-controlled Congress, the brain trust that would die of thirst in a swimming pool, continues to break new ground in ineffectiveness.

It's a futile effort of Beau Geste-ian proportions, but I will attempt to ignore the festivities tomorrow. It won't be easy. My place of employment has decided it will provide a TV hookup in one of the conference rooms so everyone can watch the Apotheosis Inauguration, a *splendid* use of company resources. I will be wearing my industrial-sized earphones so nobody is tempted to ask me how excited I am. "Snarls at colleagues" does not look well on the review paperwork.

P.S. By the way, where's MY bailout?
P.P.S Yes I know about the song. That's rather my point. See you in the re-education camps!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yes... YouTube keeps deleting it, but OOPS! - it keeps coming back.
Current incarnation is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru5d0GBXKvQ

Μολὼν λαβέ

1:14 PM, January 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home