Monday, November 07, 2011

I want my yard sign back, you SOB!

Tomorrow is Election Day.  Not much of national, or even state import going on.  But locally, oh my.  See, I live in the Wild Frontier, outside a proper city.  Unincorporated county land.  Works great.  Sure, when I need a cop I call the Sheriff, but other than that it is mostly remarkable for the lack of stupid regulations.

I like it that way.

Not everybody does.  One particular busybody has been trying to make ALL of us out here join the nearby city, for the last ten years.  The annexation initiative is on the ballot.  I won't bore you with the ins and outs of why this is a spectacularly bad idea--it is enough that Snarkatron Disapproves.  And, I had a nice official sign stating words to that effect in my yard. 

Note the tense.

Some microencephalitic hominid decided to remove it tonight, lest it pollute the eyes of other voters and make them think dangerous, anti-annexation thoughts.  This is the Pacific Northwest, and drainage is a way of life.  There is a serious, moatlike ditch protecting my property.  To remove the sign, said drooling idiot had to trespass on my property.  HOW I would love to kick them in the shins for their audacity!

Instead, I made another sign.  It isn't nearly as pretty, but it gets the point across.  Especially the fine print at the bottom.  "Go ahead, steal this sign.  I'll just make more."  Have people completely forgotten what democracy means?  Do they ever wonder WHY we have elections, if all the good people think exactly the same things?  Never mind don't answer that ....

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Justthisguy said...

The reason we have elections is so we don't have to shoot each other. This only works as long as everybody agrees to play nice.

I don't think the critter who got yer sign understands the concept of "play nice."

He might not even understand the concept of "shoot each other", considering where you live, in an Hippy Paradise.

Oh, if we could only dig up and resurrect Dixie Lee Ray!

5:23 PM, November 08, 2011  
Anonymous BigBluBug said...

Ha. People steal your yard signs. Here, people add them to my yard.

7:42 PM, November 15, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home