Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Mediscare ad, now with rewrites by Snarkatron!

I love Patterico's term for the "Roll Granny off the Cliff" political ad.  Mediscare.  Covers it all, really.  What's fun is the conservatives can take this same ad scenario and with just a few changes, make their point and stomp all over the socialized medicine folks.

[Enter Bad Man, wearing fake rubber mask, pushing Old Lady in a wheelchair].
Bad Man: No really, I'm Paul Ryan, Evil Conservative! (bwahaha).  Can't you tell by the way I part my hair?
Old Lady:  You don't look anything like that nice Paul Ryan, who's so polite. Where's my purse?  You took my purse.  I need to take my pills.
BM:  No you don't.  (sweetly)Don't you remember?  We agreed those pills are too expensive, and they don't really help that much.  And your money will help pay for *other* people's pills, isn't that nice?
OL: *We* didn't agree to any such thing, and I wouldn't need the wheelchair if I could take the pills.
BM: Yes, yes, but you can't work and earn money for me to tax so it's all the same.  And speaking of needing the wheelchair, I'm afraid the Health Care Redistribution Panel has found someone with a greater need for it. [Tips old lady over cliff] [Shouts down] It's for the greater good!
[Pushes empty wheelchair offscreen, whistling "Always look on the bright side of life"]
[Music changes to the theme from Conan the Barbarian.  A wrinkled hand appears at the cliff edge, and a very pissed off old lady crawls over the top, clutching a cane like a sword.]
Voiceover: It's time to fight back.  Vote to repeal Obamacare.  Or I'll give you such a smack!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home