Sunday, February 17, 2008

Snarkatron officially worse-off than poor, film at 11

Via the Blogfaddah, a very interesting article about what "poor" means. Never mind the motorized goalposts of the Iraq war -- the ones for poverty are JTO-enabled.

I have much in common with the officially poor (as defined by the Feds).
-I own my own home, 46% of the poor own their own home.
-76% of the poor have air conditioning. I DON'T!
-I have a car, so do 75% of the poor.
-30% of the poor have TWO cars. I'm DEPRIVED! I don't even have a bicycle as a second vehicle!
-I have a microwave, 73% of the poor do too.
-33% of the poor have a freaking dishwasher. Not only do I not have one, this house has never had one. We've got a regular (rinse) cycle of deprivation going here!

Do not raise piddling objections. Never mind I live in a temperate climate with no real need for air conditioning, no matter what the Californian transplants think. Never mind that I live by myself and hate to cook so the dishwasher is not, shall we say, essential to domestic tranquility. There are times when it would be nice to have a beater work truck, but I make do without. That's not the point! There are *poor* people who have more than I do! Ergo, I am a victim and should be richly compensated by those with the things I don't have, which according to these statistics is pretty much everybody.

I wait for delivery each day until 3 ...

2 Comments:

Blogger BostonMaggie said...

I have no dishwasher!
I have no second car!

Princess Crabby is deprived,too!

3:10 PM, February 21, 2008  
Blogger Kat said...

Hah. No Dish Washer here either. though my "poverty stricken" brother has three cars and no dish washer. Then again, he said something to the effect that, that is why he has children: dishwashers.

We're poor and living high, baby!

8:46 PM, February 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home