Monday, January 21, 2008

I can stop anytime I want

There's a local hardware chain I like to shop at here in the soggy Pacific Northwest. It has *real* hardware, not Home Depot plastic do-it-yerselfer-type junk. Plus, it employs many Old Coots (male and female) who love nothing better than discussing arcane solutions to peculiar repair problems. Owning an old home, plus remodeling of same, means I spend quite a bit of quality time there. Exactly how much was recently illustrated when my checkout person commented a) I was in there frequently and b) this was a comparatively small purchase for me. I'm already on a first-name basis with the tool department guy. He worries when he doesn't see me for a while. I had to assure him I just wasn't needing tools for this phase of the project. It is really sad when the entire store seems to know who I am. At least they aren't all shouting "Welcome!" when I come in the door. I'm not addicted, I'm not!

I do expect an engraved invitation for Customer Appreciation Day, though ...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's nothing like a real hardware store.

And their unique smell...


-the jinxmedic

12:02 PM, January 22, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lemme guess: your hardware store in named "Cheers"...

8:57 PM, January 31, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry. Gotta code...

8:58 PM, January 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home