Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Snerk

Maybe if the nation's children were told the President of the United States gets to play with ginourmous bulldozers there would be more interest in that career choice. What amused me about this little nugget, besides the huffy it's-all-fun-until-someone-loses-an-eye-especially-if-it's-me tone, is the unconscious revelation that the Press does not, in fact, listen to what the President says. I mean, if someone in the cab of a giant piece of self-propelled machinery told me "I would suggest moving back, I'm about to crank this sucker up" I would, especially if the dozer-jocky was a novice. I suspect the Highly Trained and Professional Journalists did what they always do, which is substitute what they think a microencephalic simian would say -- such as "I don't know how to start this". No wonder they were surprised. But they weren't entirely useless -- they made the President laugh and I'm sure the guy could use a good laugh now and then.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A D-10 has trouble getting out of its own way; if he'd been in a D-8, he'd have gotten 'em, easy...

By the way, what's with all the instructions bein' writ in Japanese -- only allowing the multilingual among us to comment? Molim, tko je zapovjednik ovdje?

6:48 AM, February 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home