Thursday, July 27, 2006

Surrender to the Meme

All right, all right! I give up! Maggie memed me first. When I didn't immediately respond, I got Pointed Email. And comments. Then BillT has to join the chorus (fragile ego, bub? me?) , and Barb ... Barb! I thought you were my buddy! I suppose if three different people meme me I'll cooperate. But I will complain the whole way!

Ahem. Where was I? Oh yeah. The meme.

Three things that scare me:
-tornado sky (those who know, know)
-drivers on the DC Beltway
-Helen Thomas. I'm not sure she's human.

Three people who make me laugh:
-Our Lex
-P.G.Wodehouse
-Terry Pratchett

Three things I hate the most:
-Lima beans. And most root vegetables.
-People who treat their children as lifestyle accessories
-Research fraud

Three things I don't understand:
-Anyone who thinks the UN has any moral authority whatsoever
-Statistical Mechanics
-People who throw themselves out of working airplanes for fun

Three things I'm doing right now:
-working from home
-pounding a stake in the heart of this meme
-plotting deviously

Three things I want to do before I die:
-go on an interstellar cruise
-fire a 50-cal machine gun. Hint hint.
-visit Japan

Three things I can do:
-make wiseass remarks
-complex contour integration (a big hit at parties!)
-have a warped imagination -- without using drugs!

Three ways to describe my personality:
(from a friend, no less ...) "Independent, antisocial, and pompous as hell"

Three things I can't do:
-cook
-suffer fools patiently
-stop making wiseass remarks

Three things I think you should listen to:
-me
-small children explaining natural phenomena
-crickets

Three things you should never listen to:
-whiny bores
-Nigerian 419 emails
-TV

Three absolute favorite foods:
-chocolate (surprise!)
-fresh-baked bread
-chunks of Roast Beast

Three things I'd like to learn:
-how to ride a motorcycle
-cabinet carpentry
-ninjitsu

Three beverages I drink regularly:
-tea
-water
-Diet Dr. Pepper

Three shows I watched as a kid:
-Star Trek
-J.P. Patches (VERY local Seattle show)
-Twilight Zone. Yes, this explains much.

Three people I'm tagging:
- The Puppy Blender. Because it's not like he'll read this and the meme will die a well-deserved (yet natural!) death. Heh.
-Sgt. B. Let's keep this incestuous multi-tagging in the family, hmm?
-Carborundum. If ANGCOM will let him.

2 Comments:

Blogger BostonMaggie said...

I already tagged Sgt. B

You not pompous. You are fun.

And a good sport.

4:20 PM, July 27, 2006  
Blogger AFSister said...

YAY!
You finally caved in and played tag with the rest of us.

Smart ass??? YOU???? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA (in my best sarcastic, smart ass tone, of course)

8:41 AM, July 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home