Sunday, July 23, 2006

I survived the MilBlogShoot

Just barely. Snarkatrons tend to be solitary beasts, so a certain amount of recovery was needed after dining out at a fancy (and very good) restaurant, being Native Guide for the Master and Mistress of Argghhh!, hosting a delightfully decadent party, and then wreaking vengence on innocent pieces of paper in a disproportionately violent way. And we weren't sorry, either. Especially about the Barney targets. We must, we shall do this again. Especially the part where we visit the Gaya bakery and attempt to ingest, boa-constrictor-like, ginourmous slices of cake.

I got to play with my new toy, a Kimber Custom II.












It shoots niiiiiice ....

6 Comments:

Blogger Trias said...

See you're braver than I.

11:02 AM, July 23, 2006  
Blogger Barb said...

Ahh, but is she braver because she allowed so many Denizens and friends to invade her personal space, or because she was the one with the .45?? And, as you can see from the target, she's Really Good with it as well ;-)

I'd love to take credit for it, since I let her start off on my collection of much smaller devices, but since her aim is better than mine, I can't claim pride of instruction.

11:56 AM, July 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pattern! What was the range?

I'm thinking hard about that H&K .45 USP, myself. Now if only I could come up with a convincing reason to own it.

Cheers,

Lex

3:39 PM, July 24, 2006  
Blogger Barb said...

Heck, Lex - the reason to own it is simple - cause making big holes in things is fun! The hard part is convincing your better half that you need it ;-)
(FYI - I'm still working on that one myself!)

4:40 PM, July 24, 2006  
Blogger Snarkatron said...

Consulting with Barb, I believe the range was ~25'.

7:04 AM, July 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super--you *did* survive the BlogShoot!

Now you've just got to survive a little-bitty quiz. Tag--you're *it*:

http://www.thedonovan.com/archives/006148.html

Stop giggling, Brab--you're on the list, too...

11:17 PM, July 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home