Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Polled

One of my favorite whines has been summarily cut off. Every time some silly poll proving all conservatives hate bleu cheese came out I had been able to truthfully say, "But they never asked ME!"

No longer. Your humble Snarkatron has been polled by Rasmussen. A nice robot lady asked me to push buttons. What I recall of the questions:

-What did I think of the job Obama has been doing? Strangely, "sucking dead rats through a straw" was not one of the options.
-What did I think of the job (Washington state governor) Christine Gregoire has been doing? see above.
-(for all three of the Republican Washington state senatorial candidates) If the Republicans nominated him, would I vote for him over Patty Murray? In a heartbeat.
-(for all senatorial candidates, including Murray) Did I think their views mainstream, or extreme? I'm sure Patty's opinions are mainstream somewhere, maybe Mars. This is the Taliban Daycare lady, okay?
-If the Republicans nominated a broom with a hat on it, would I really vote for it rather than Patty Murray? (just kidding ...)
-How did I feel about my financial situation? And in the future? I'm burying mason jars full of coins in my yard and wishing I'd taken notes when my grandmother talked about surviving the Depression, what does that tell you?

I thought it was really interesting that the Democrat was *always* listed first, and the first numerical option was "strongly approve" when evaluating. No bias there, nope.

UPDATE: the poll questions and results have been posted.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Cortillaen said...

It never ceases to amaze me how effectively one can manipulate poll data without even resorting to Twain's third class of lies.

4:43 PM, July 29, 2010  
Anonymous BillT said...

Obviously, only about 40% of the people they polled had even a tenuous connection to reality.

3:32 AM, August 02, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home