Monday, July 19, 2010

That's it, we're doomed

I give up. I was going to fight to the last redoubt, on the shores and in the shopping malls, but my spirit is broken and I will fight no more forever. Invest in hemlock futures.

You may well ask why.

It's not because we have an economic illiterate in the White House who is *also* a malignant narcissist and incapable of listening to any good advice, should any be given.

It's not because the economy is trying on the Depression-sized polyester pants, no longer fitting in the Recession sizes any more.

It's not because Congress has given up on reading any bills it passes, preferring to huff paint fumes and giggle while they mistakenly vote Paul Clifford into law.

It's not because Solar cycle 24 is still bumping along the bottom unable to get airborne, bringing the great risk of a Dalton/Maunder minimum, global *cooling*, and famine, disease, and whiny journalists.

I saw a trailer at the movies. (Went to see "Despicable Me", very funny.) This was not funny. They are making a Smurf movie. Not just a Smurf movie, we might be able to survive that if we have enough bunkers. No, a live-action, 3D Smurf movie.

We are so doomed.

Nice knowing y'all. Summon the meteors!

5 Comments:

Blogger Justthisguy said...

Ma'am, I recommend that you Drink Moar. We want to be numb, numb, I tell you, when it happens. I don't remember, though, is it better to be eaten first, or last?

11:16 PM, July 25, 2010  
Anonymous BillT said...

...a live-action, 3D Smurf movie.

Sounds like the perfect reason to institutionalize anyone connected with it.

Pelosi, Reid, and Waxman are backers, right?

Right?

3:39 AM, August 02, 2010  
Blogger virgil xenophon said...

My personal wake-up call that the end is nigh came a few months ago while lying in bed w. headphones on listening to my fave alt rock fm station while wife watching chick flick on the tube. Was in that twilight-zone in-between sleep & awake stage when I heard a MADD anti drunk-driving PSA narrated by--wait for it--the ex keyboardist of the Doors! Not just ANY retired aging rock star, but a guy from one of the most drunked-up, drugged-up bands in hist. They TRULY walked the talk! If THIS GUY is doing PSAs for MADD, then surely the end, sportsfans, must be truly close at hand...

1:41 PM, August 17, 2010  
Blogger Justthisguy said...

Virgil, set fire to some Barbancourt for me. That crazyness you mentioned is so evil that it obviously requires a burnt offering to extirpate it.

11:06 PM, August 19, 2010  
Blogger MissC said...

A Smurf flick? No way.

Well, at least I don't have to see it, and since my children think Smurfs are cat treats, it won't matter anyway.

3:01 PM, August 26, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home