Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Pome

Cherry blossom drifts
Thirty miles per hour, I think
Gentle Spring, my a**


Yeah, haiku was never my strong point. I got the seasonal reference in, though! We're having a bit of a windstorm here in the soggy corner of the map. Lost part of a young maple tree, but the roof is still on so I'm happy.

I really did see cherry petals go by my window. Horizontally. I don't think that is what the Japanese Masters had in mind. I certainly don't feel tranquil and/or enlightened. My Buddha-nature is atrophied.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to invade with something off topic, but I'm hoping people like you who actually have blog traffic can get the word out better than I.

In short, "thoughtcrimes" have passed the House and may well pass the Senate, too. Links for information and to spam your senators are in there. Feel free to use any or all of it, with or without attribution. As long as more people get the message, I don't care.

8:14 AM, May 07, 2009  
Blogger Melissa said...

It's almost as if God is saying, "Global warming, huh? You're going to destroy the planet, are you? Here you go, have some 50* weather in mid-May!"

5:50 PM, May 07, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home