A few snarkish items of note
- It has been SNOWING, off and on, ALL FREAKING DAY. Here in the soggy Pacific Northwest, it customarily does not snow, if at all, until January. Global Warming my left foot. Can I send my heating bill to Al Gore?
- Never mind the draft. Everyone should be forced, FORCED I say, to take and pass a basic shop course so they know better than to fasten wood trim with nails the size of railroad spikes. Really, it isn't structural and has no plans to wander away. Finish nails may strike you as less manly or something, but they do the job just fine and don't require a crowbar to remove (in the event someone else buys your house AND all the fine detail work you inflicted upon it.) (No, I'm not bitter--I just had to spend four days to do something that should have taken a few hours, at most. Fie.)
- Those highly trained, keen-eyed, sharp-thinking journalists at the AP seem to think it is perfectly normal to accept verbatim the story of six Sunnis burned alive from a single, unverified source who claims to be an Iraqi police captain but the Iraqi police never heard of him. Can we call them bloggers now?
- Dear Auto Dealers with Reading Comprehension Problems: When I click on a link that says "Get a Quote!" I expect to get a quote, NOT just an invitation to call or visit your place of business. I know how to use a phone and I know where you are. I don't *want* to call or visit, that's why I clicked the link. I guess you really didn't want my money after all.
- Civil order in chaos! Ineffective government challenged by rebels! Angry crowds, burning cars, overwhelmed troops, journalists targeted and killed, etc. etc. and etc. Face it folks, Mexico is a quagmire! (I blame Bush.)