Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I've been memed!

Must have been a glitch in the cloaking device. This is the first time anybody has successfully tagged me. Damn you, Christine! A squadron of fierce bannanna slugs is headed your way to extract revenge. (They should get to you around August of 2009.)

Oh all right.
4 Jobs I have had:
- junior crawlspace excavator. My father got stuck in our admittedly narrow crawlspace. My little sister (age 6 at the time) rescued him, and then I had to go in and lower the entire thing by a foot. With a hand-trowel. I got paid, so it counts as a real job.
- mad scientist. Physics, experimental, ultra-high vacuum systems and synchrotrons. Nothing blew up on purpose, OK?
- office temp/forger. I was hired to mail-merge letters to applicants that had applied for a research position and not gotten it. There were so many it took me two solid days. What was especially ironic was I had just *left* research because I couldn't get a position. Being on the other side of the process was ... strange. Seeing how qualified these unsuccessful candidates were made me feel a little better about my own failure. Oh, and my boss told me to forge her signature on the letters.
- software tester. I call it being paid to break things. You think it's bad now? I CLEANED IT UP FOR YOU. It was worse before, trust me.

4 Movies to watch over and over:
- Princess Bride
- Ladyhawke
- Iron Giant
- Raiders of the Lost Ark

4 Places I've lived:
- New Orleans, Louisiana. Briefly. Fire ants and mushrooms growing in the carpet.
- Thunder Bay, Ontario. Way, way, WAY too cold. But they have a really nice amythest mine.
- Ft. Washington, Maryland. The fort is still there, too.
- Berkeley, California. I don't know how I sneaked past the border guards. I have no piercings, no tattoos, and I think meat is delicious. Maybe I was the token conservative.

4 TV shows I watch:
I don't watch TV. Really. I'm unilaterally changing this to Books I Read.
- Psmith, P. G. Wodehouse
- Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
- Going Postal, Terry Pratchett
- The Element of Fire, Martha Wells

4 Places I've vacationed:
what is this word, "vacation"?
- Lausanne, Switzerland. I had friends there, OK?
- Toulouse, France. (The friends moved. Really.)
- London, England and points north. (I want Edinborough Castle.)
- Tecate, Mexico

4 websites I visit daily:
- Castle Argghhh! and links adjoining
- The Daily Kitten
- Slashdot (I'm a computer geek. Sue me.)
- NRO's Corner

4 Favorite foods:
- rice. Plain, white rice.
- meat. Large chunks.
- creme brulee'
- artichokes
(NOTE: Chocolate is a sacrament, not a food. Or maybe it's a vitamin. Yeah, a vitamin!)

4 Places you would rather be:
- Beta Centauri
- Wallace Falls
- not at work
- Australia

4 people to tag:
nope, I'll pass. If you *want* me to tag you, give a yell

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Hey, I had encouragement with regards to your tag. I'll give a hint "sugarbuttons".

As far as the slugs are concerned, nah, I said I wanted to keep this out of flash traffic. :-)

12:25 PM, February 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a tossup between you and the manager of the Fordhook Lima Bean cannery.

Beans won the toss...

6:53 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Christine said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:03 PM, February 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home