Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Paper targets fear me!



The very nice Barb-lady invited me to join her at the local gun range and try some of her many guns. This was my second time ever firing real weapons, and I was quite pleased that I managed to wound *my* target and not someone elses. (Bad memories of bowling ... you are supposed to stay in your own lane. Sometimes I didn't. So in the interests of public safety I refrain from bowling.)

We played with -- if I remember correctly -- Smith&Wesson .20 and .40 pistols. The kick of the .40 was not as bad as I feared, and I did manage to hit the paper more than once with that gun too. So if I'm ever attacked by a paper target I feel reasonably sure I can defend myself.

A good time was had by all. Except for the targets. Like the cartoon says, "Bummer of a birthmark, Hal."

3 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Minor correction on the handguns. The smaller pistol we fired is a S&W 622, which is .22 caliber.

Nice shooting, for a first timer. You take instruction well ;-)

Um, about the bowling thing -- did you notice that the lane they gave us was away from all the rest of the shooters?
*grin*

9:09 AM, August 03, 2005  
Blogger Snarkatron said...

and I thought it was just fears of "girl germs" ;-) ... and good instruction on your part! Especially about the necessity of actually *loading* the gun if you want it to go boom when you pull the trigger ...

9:14 AM, August 03, 2005  
Blogger Cowboy Blob said...

Yeah, what John said. Good shooting, though! Keep practicing!

6:09 PM, August 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home