Friday, June 24, 2005

Hands off my house!

Maybe the Supreme Court is correct in its ruling, and eminent domain is the province of the states and counties. It has been pointed out this kind of stupid taking of private property to benefit private companies has been done before. Fine. Whatever. What do we have to do NOW so my cute little house doesn't get munched by some developer who will pay more taxes than I do? Or ANYBODY's cute little house? Just to be clear, I can accept as a regrettable necessity the need for eminent domain when it is a question of a freeway or a bridge or something the public as a whole will benefit from. I don't like it, but I understand it. I don't understand why Pfizer, of all companies, needs THAT PIECE OF LAND so badly private citizens have to be evicted from it. It isn't like they aren't making obscene amounts of money with that little blue pill. They can jolly well buy enough land somewhere else. Land that doesn't have people living on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home