Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Yes sir, right away sir!

Always read the fine print. I thought being a Castle Denizen was just going to be the usual -- you know, spiffy uniform, marching in parades, tuition assistance, and PX privileges. Boy was I wrong. I have been given WORK to do. (And it's not the first time, either.) Oppression!

(muttermutterMovieList?mutter) Fine. Now tell the nice MP to stop hammering on my helmet.

Favorite Infant Movie: "The Russians are Coming, the Russians are Coming!" I was quite critical of it as an infant, but it grew on me. I no longer wail when the jets fly overhead. And if hearink Russian Accent, am making big grin.

Favorite Childhood Movie: "Adventures of Sinbad". A useful life-lesson: invisibility isn't all it's cracked up to be, and neither are giant animated Kali statues.

Favorite Highschool Movie: "Top Secret". Rampant silliness, always a good thing.

Favorite College Movie: "Buckaroo Banzai". As a starving physics student, the idea of going on tour as a rock band to raise research funds appealed to me.

I Suppose It's a Chick Flick: "Enchanted April". Not only do you learn how to say "explosion" in Italian, you see the correct way to greet a lady if you have suddenly and forcefully been ejected from your nice hot bath by said explosion.

Most Quoted Movie: "Princess Bride". Many years ago I had read a story about a swordfight on a cliff with a masked man and a six-fingered sword, and loved it. Small happy squealing noises were made when I realized I was FINALLY going to know what happened next.

Favorite All-Time Movie: "Ladyhawke". Perfect in every way.

Favorite Action Movie: "XXX" a delicate skewering of the Bond-films, and fun all by itself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Ahhh - The Princess Bride is indeed a fine movie to quote from. Our favorite in the Shaitan support group is "Get used to disappointment!" *grin*

Hmmm - you are the second person to mention xXx, so I guess I shall have to make time to view it.

8:52 AM, July 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home