Friday, December 23, 2011

What I No Longer Have


Yesterday I had my gallbladder removed. It was not being a team player. It was done laproscopically, meaning I was in and out of the hospital in four hours.  The process was pretty comfortable, all things considered.  Now I just have to persuade my cats that they are *not helping* by jumping on my sore spots.  And yay for high-powered painkillers.

I tried all my powers of persuasion, but failed to bring my naughty gallbladder back home in a jar.

This is as close as they let you get, a felt imitation! UNFAIR.

7 Comments:

Blogger Boquisucio said...

Sorry for having the giblets rearranged. Do heal better and quickly. Kindle needs you.

6:05 AM, December 24, 2011  
Anonymous John of Argghhh! said...

Now there's more room for the liver to swell while processing Argghhh!aritas!

6:17 AM, December 24, 2011  
Blogger Barb said...

Bummer on having surgery now - hope the healing is quick and the kitties learn where *not* to jump!

11:08 AM, December 24, 2011  
Anonymous BillT said...

Your innards rebelled? What gall.

And not even a hospital stay with interns and residents cadging autographs. There's no justice, I tell ya...

12:16 PM, December 24, 2011  
Blogger Minicapt said...

Without a Gaul Bladder, how will you transport a French Whine?

Cheers

2:50 PM, December 24, 2011  
Anonymous The Jinxmedic said...

What gall!

12:09 PM, December 26, 2011  
Blogger Justthisguy said...

My Mom preserved her gallstones, in a jar. (She saved Everything)

Unfortunately, due to the machinations of my ex-brother and the very criminal lawyer I mistakenly hired to defend me from him, that jar is gone, like most of the things I used to own, probably tossed into a dumpster.

1:32 AM, February 15, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home