Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Maybe it's the lack of sunspots

By the way, we still really aren't chugging along with Solar Cycle 24. I am *not* looking forward to this winter, and by the way did you notice we've already gotten the first snowstorm? In October.

Yesterday was ... strange. It started with someone absconding with my garbage can, which happened to be full of garbage because it was the day the garbage fairies come. I know it wasn't them, though, because it disappeared hours before they made their rounds and they have always had sufficient intellect to only collect the actual garbage, not the container it resides in. No sign of wreckage or scattered contents, either. Aliens? What does one do in the event of abducted garbage cans, post flyers and offer a reward? The etiquette is unclear.

Later in the day as I went to my car I heard a screeching noise coming from my roof. A squirrel was at the very apex of the roof, screaming. Nothing was chewing on it, it looked perfectly healthy, and yet there it was, glaring at me and doing the Mad Scene from Lear. Again, I must have missed a memo. Or landed in the wrong dimension. Again.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, brag about your snow -- all we got was a couple of thundershowers.

Oh, and a couple of rockets...

1:00 PM, October 30, 2008  
Blogger Barb said...

Ya know - we just never see rockets here this time of year. Go figure.

11:36 AM, October 31, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's more of a cultural thing than a seasonal one.

You'll see *lots* of rockets from downtown Seattle if Obie's campaign tubes...

1:26 AM, November 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of rockets, Episode Eight is up.

1:27 AM, November 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, garbage fairies?

Is your trash picked up by Queer Eyes For Your Trash Haulage?

12:51 PM, November 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home