Thursday, December 08, 2005

Cleaning out the Snark closet

Some tidbits I don't have the time or energy to inflate into full Snarks ...
  • Torturing Bad Guys: Yes, it should be illegal as long as we understand torture to mean serious physical harm and NOT merely having to endure being ordered around by a woman or having the AC cranked up to "refrigerate". Before anybody starts the "what about if they knew where the nuke going off in 2 hours was" deluge, I would like to point out that there has been more than one instance of a soldier (non-suicidal) diving on a grenade or otherwise giving up their lives to save others. I think that in such a situation (I definitely know there is a nuke in the vicinity about to go off, Achmed knows where it is, and I have pliers, then Achmed is going to be made very unhappy.) And if I survive, I will report myself for breaking the law and accept my punishment.
  • Pajamas Media is Evil/Elitist/Causes skin rash: My admittedly vague recollection is anybody with a pulse (and a blog) could enquire about joining. I didn't bother since my hit count rarely gets above 100/wk, so I don't know if there is, like, a *bar* or anything you have to meet to belong. I also recall that about the time PJM was coming together there was a lot of concern around the blogosphere regarding possible "campaign contribution" rules applying to blogging, and that "recognized media sources" were exempt -- and so it might be a good idea for bloggers to have a sort of protective union IN CASE that threat became a reality. I dunno why some people have their knickers in a twist about this, either way. Doesn't bother me.
  • Happy Holidays: I use the term because I am agnostic and try to watch my step around other people's sincere religious beliefs, but I have never snapped at someone wishing me Merry Christmas/Happy Hannukah/Festive Deepwali/Whatever. Looking around, I see a lot of the world's religions having some kind of festival right around the time of year it gets dark, usually involving presents, lights, and yummy food. Snarkatron wishes to state she is 100% in favor of presents (giving and receiving), lights in darkness, and yummy food and she will cheerfully partake in any religious/cultural celebration that promises same. Cope.
  • Executions: (cheerful, I know). Tookie should fry. Not because it will bring back the people he killed, or because it is punishment, but because it is the one form of incarceration that cannot be escaped. I was once less than 100 yards from a bunch of escaped (life in prison, ha ha) convicts BEFORE they surrendered. In the process of escaping and running off they killed a police officer. I'm sure the officer's family would like to hear that people imprisoned for life can't do any more harm and can give back to the community. Life is important and that is WHY deliberate murderers do not deserve to have it any more. Please consider the lives of the victims, past and potential future, as at least as important as the killer's. For a change.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Technically, Tookie won't fry. He'll be put down like a French Poodle. They do lethal injection in Cali, not ol' sparky.
Ry

7:04 PM, December 08, 2005  
Blogger Barb said...

Fry him, juice him, I don't care as long as they do the job. I would really hate to see the gubernator be stupid at this point.

10:51 PM, December 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although there was an open invitation to join PJM, there was then a cull - with 200 or so lesser bloggers expelled to leave an elite - the so-called G70.

6:53 AM, December 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO argument from me Barn. Tookie created a 'cult' that has killed, maimed, and otherwise ruined the lives of thousands. He's as bad as the jerk who created the Brownshirts in my opinion, considering the bloodshed and dysfunctionality of South Central(the 'Hood, 'yo) that williams helped create there with the Crips. He's part of the reason why black on black crime is so damn high and a statistic of worth.
I have no qualms about killing Stanley Williams.

11:24 AM, December 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as torture goes, the only reason to use pliers is to keep anything obnoxious from crawling onto your fingers.

Knuckle.

Pressure points--lots of them.

"Honest, Boss, he was crying like a baby when he came *in* here. Must've seen something on TV that really scared him..."

11:54 AM, December 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home