Saturday, March 06, 2010

36,000 plus one

Jobs lost this month. The extra one is mine. Yes, Harry Reid, I'm now unemployed so NO, I don't think the economy is improving. Far otherwise. Why don't *you* lose your job, you withered miserable cadaver? Since I don't have anything else to occupy my time, I guess I'll just go down the list of Congresscritters and call to tell them how very unhappy I am with their utter failure to understand the basic principles of economics, viz. you can't spend money you don't have and will never have in the future because there ISN'T THAT MUCH MONEY IN THE UNIVERSE. Businesses aren't hiring because a) nobody knows how much the "cost savings" of the healthcare debacle are going to savage the bottom line and b) this administration doesn't seem to like businesses making profits and c) businesses hire so they can make profits, ergo d) I'm screwed.

Gah. Time to fire up the Shakespearian Insult Generator ....

8 Comments:

Anonymous BillT said...

Even Shakespeare couldn't produce an insult vile enough for Reid -- Reid is Iago, but without Iago's endearing quality of being merely a bigoted, backstabbing, oathbreaking, scumsucking liar.

Fark.

I'll check to see if my outfit's got anything in your line...

3:44 AM, March 07, 2010  
Blogger FbL said...

Oh BCR, I'm so sorry! But with your intelligence and breadth of skills, I think that if there's a job out there you'll be at the top of the list for hires.

*hugs*

6:44 AM, March 07, 2010  
Anonymous John of Argghhh! said...

Clearly, you mis-apprehend, ma'am.

The thing they expect you to do now is to lurve them and vote for them, because only they, not the knuckle-dragging bastards of the GOP will now provide for your welfare.

Ergo, in Harry Reid's mind, 36,001 means 36,001 more people who are now going to vote for the Democrats, because, well, that's the only smart thing for them to do.

Silly rabbit. And, now that you are a Democrat, you're allowed to vote anywhere and however often you like, so you can request your absentee ballot from the Clark County Clerk, so that you can vote for Harry!

Geez, do I have to explain *everything* to you people?

8:53 AM, March 07, 2010  
Blogger Justthisguy said...

Dang, Ma'am! Sorry to hear about that.

Never fear, you and I could make a good team, in the spirit of "A Boy and his Dog", except it would be more like "A Girl and her Cyborg!" All that you did for me and spent on me in BCR Labs to bring me back to life after that horrible thing with the Moat Monster could pay off for us now!

3:41 PM, March 07, 2010  
Blogger MissC said...

Harry Reid...one of Screwtape's? I wonder if he is a son of perdition.

As it is, your comparison of him to a cadaver was dead on. I think he and Alan Cranston were separated at birth.

9:21 PM, March 07, 2010  
Blogger MissC said...

I am also sorry about your job loss. Darn it.

9:22 PM, March 07, 2010  
Anonymous AFSister said...

I've never known so many people that are out of work. Ever. Some are highly educated, some aren't; but they're all out of work and in the same unemployment boat. I am so sorry, BCR. damn it.

I've been to many employee benefits meetings over the past few months where company benefits are being cut. Instead of the backlash one would suspect, there is just silence.. because they all know it could have been jobs cut instead of benefits.

10:30 AM, March 08, 2010  
Anonymous olga said...

sorry about the lay off, BCR...
((hugs))
Hope this is going to be a very short break

12:31 PM, March 08, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home