Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Why can't I get a job with the FBI?

I just want to know how these people get neat and interesting jobs with the CIA and FBI (with attendant security clearances) and I can't. Is there some hiring quota for foreign nationals with dodgy pasts I'm not aware of? The brother-in-law getting indited wasn't a trigger for a little checkup? Nevermind that everybody dropped the ball investigating her past (and not to rag on the Lebanese who have suffered enough but geez, aren't there about eleventy-billion different terrorist organizations with offices there?) What was so wonderful about this lady that *two* different prestigious government agencies jumped at the chance to hire her? It can't have just been the language skills, could it? Inquiring minds want to know.

p.s. FBI, CIA, NSA webcrawlers: I am a hardcore computer geek, have a PhD in Physics *and* I know how to shoot. Call me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, oh- you've done it now. You have invoked the acronyms of doom.

Ha! Seriously, though- excellent point. I have always wondered about those particular hiring practices myself. I believe that it's a "left hand-right hand" thing. (Not to be confused with the left brain-right brain phenomena, as that requires an intact corpus collosum...)

-The Jinxmedic

8:55 AM, November 16, 2007  
Blogger Barb said...

Yes, the alphabet guys do seem a tad confused in their hiring profiles. They might be frightened of your combination of armed geeky-ness, even!
;-)

1:38 PM, November 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home