Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds

On a very local level, anyway. Spider level. Now, I like spiders. I rescue them when caught in spider-unfriendly locations and release them in the wild. However -- removing siding that has been on my house for the last, oh, forty years or so has revealed a vast, ancient spider civilization. Dark, empty webs, egg cases, skeletal remains. For all I know, monuments covered in tiny spider hieroglyphics fortelling the coming of the Great Crowbar. They must have listened because I only found one live spider. I would have let him live out his days in peace, among the shattered remnants of former greatness, but he would try to hide in the one rotting board that had to be replaced. I'm not that friendly. Out he went. No doubt shrieking curses at me. Too bad. He's not helping to pay the mortgage.

Snarkatron wishes to assure all peaceniks, UN worshippers, and law enforcement officials that no nuclear devices were used in this process. Really.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

And so the last, rare, Western Washington plan spider ends its days...*sniff*

NOT

I will not chase a spider down outside, unless it is a black widow - but I hate them inside *shudder*.

9:32 PM, April 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home