I've been reading Churchill's history of the Second World War recently. Never thought it would be a guide for my life now.
"You were given the choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor and you will have war."
The election is done. Stupidity reigns. And we will have war. Oh, probably not here. Stop applying for wiretaps, DHS. But the good times are over, for the foreseeable future. Do you know what you have sold your birthright for, liberals?
- War in the Middle East. Not the daily rocket launchings. I mean real war. With nuclear weapons. There will be places that will glow in the dark, and millions of people will die.
- Europe turns into the Balkans. Possibility of war 50-50. Their economy is now going to implode, and lots of angry, desperate people will form mobs, and then militias, and then factions.
- The United States will auger in to true Depression. Learn how to repurpose tin cans. Recycling is for the rich.
- Speaking of the rich, did you know we all are rolling in wealth? Yeah, because only the rich will have their taxes raised. And we WILL be taxed more. Ergo, we're all rich.
- Death Panels. Obamacare is now a reality. Don't get sick, don't need cancer treatments, don't need hip replacements. Cost too much, cause too much trouble, and you're going on the hospice care pathway England perfected (no food, no water, until the complaining stops for good).
- Demoralized Military. You think the Secret Service scandals were bad? Now all the good and honest members of the military are going to be sorely tempted to leave. And what remains will be a sad shadow of what we were.
- Demoralized Civil Service. Everyone knows now the Administration will let you choke on your own blood rather than inconvenience themselves with rescuing you (Bengazi). Nobody will take risks any more. We will not get intel, right when we most desperately need it (see War in the Middle East, above).
I'm not angry. I'm disgusted
. It didn't have to be this way. And the worst thing is? This is still the best place on the planet to be. There's nowhere to run.
Labels: DOOM, Politics